ART CAMP 2016 | Artful Adventures
The Farjam Foundation is thrilled to announce Art Camp 2016, now in its seventh consecutive year. Art Camp gives children the opportunity to discover their creative talent while learning from some of the finest works of art from the past. Based around artworks drawn from Dr. Farjam's personal Collection, this exciting summer programme features a unique blend of learning experiences, hands-on art activities, and games.
This year, come with us into the world of the famous Persian Book of Kings - The Shahnameh!
Read the tales of the heroes in the Shahnameh and choose to be a king, a queen, a knight or a princess. Create your own crown, helmet, sword or armor based on the designs and pieces from the 18th century on display. You will also write and illustrate your very own Book of Kings, learning the techniques of old masters, which include bookbinding and calligraphy.
Join us this summer and travel to the land of the kings and queens with us, and experience the magiv of paintings, sculpting, acting, dancing and playing!
This year Art Camp runs throughout July and August, from the 10th of July to the 4th of August inclusive. Children can participate in any one, two, three, or four weeks. Sessions run from Sunday - Thursday, from 9am -1pm.
This summer, let your child discover how an artist lives and works.
What: A summer of art and activities
Who: Children ages 6 - 14
When: 10 July to 4 August
Where: The Farjam Foundation @ DIFC
For more information you can email email@example.com or call the gallery at 971 (0) 432 3 0303
If you would like to reserve your spot for Art Camp this year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*child's name, age, week(s) you plan to attend, special requirements(if necessary), and contact information*
Here's what some of the parents had to say:
- "Thanks so much for giving my child a very enjoyable few weeks. He loved making daggers and helmets!"
- "My girls really enjoyed their time with you all at The Farjam Foundation. Thank you so much for organizing such a fun and interesting summer camp. Had we not been leaving, the girls would have been happy to continue the whole summer!"
- "The camp was educational, fun, and had age-appropriate activities."
- "I wanted my daughter to be part and within an amazing group of young people and to appreciate art - I'd definitely send her back next year, she enjoyed all the activities!"
- I'm delighted that my kids could enjoy arts and crafts within a setting where they were also able to learn about art and art history."